I know, another cliché. But let me share with you, not my new year's resolution, but my life's resolution. :)
My 2013 was a floating one. In retrospective, I don't think I was myself last year. I was hovering every day, living just to get by. I was far from everyone, including myself. Of course, I still exerted effort in being there, but I don't think it was enough.
Before starting with my life's resolution, I will recap my memories of 2013 (or at least, those that I can remember clearly):
- School-wise, my fourth year second sem was a great one (good grades... successful org projects.) Then came fifth year when org responsibilities just poured down. I was elected president of PROPharm, which is a great honor. But hell, it was a lot for someone who is avoiding responsibilities for a long time. Haha! However, I know that God put me in this position, so He will also get me though this. :)
- My grades, fifth year first sem, was okay. I had a hard time, but all was well.
- I did not attend many events but I went to my first Cinemalaya! It was fun, and I will go again this year! :)
- I started my book blog! It was first a side blog of my Tumblr but I created another account solely for books! You can visit here: My Reading Corner :)
- I deleted my old blog (A Different Me), and started this one (Moments in Life). I regretted deleting the old one. Haha! But anyway, keep moving forward! :)
- 2013 was the year I acquired A LOT OF BOOKS! And I am not sorry a bit. I LOVE BOOKS! I LOVE READING! :)
So, I think that was my 2013 (minus the projects of PROPharm- those will constitute another blog post). And I think it was dull.
And now, on to my life's resolutions.
1. Be more adventurous.
Lazybones no more! Haha! I will travel and attend more events, bazaars, shows, concerts, whatever event there is. And I will not care, and will not be scared, to go solo if I have to. :)
2. Read more books.
I don't think this will be a problem. I have 50 books in my Goodreads challenge this year. Haha! And I plan to surpass that 50. :) (I already finished two: Strange Angels and Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore)
3. Improve this blog.
I still do not know how. But I will soon. :)
4. Save money!
For the umpteenth time. Haha! But I already have 2 jars for that. One is labeled "Book Fund", the other is labeled "Savings." :) Wish me luck! Haha!
5. Appreciate the good things.
Specifically, the small good things. I saw this Tumblr post about having a jar, where you will put every good stuff that is happening, or that has happened. In a piece of paper, you will write that good thing and just put it in the jar. Then at the end of the year, you can read them, one by one. :) It's a great idea and I will do it! :) You should too. :)
6. Boost up my confidence.
Here's a confession, I am not confident enough. The awkwardness is always there. It's annoying in my part (Haha!) and I want to change it. I do not know how exactly, but I will start with my physical appearance. Nope! No plastic surgery! I will just try to look good, look presentable everyday... Even though I can be a lazyass. Haha! (Another confession, I only comb my hair once! Haha! Every morning, after taking a bath. Haha! Sshhhh! Be quiet now.)
7. Eat healthy.
Ugh! It'll be difficult because we are surrounded by processed food, and every instant and fast you can think of. But I think I'll just eat more fruits and vegetables. Drink a lot of water. Cut my soft drinks and coffee intake. And exercise? I did try to walk/jog once. My route was from Pedro Gil, I walked to Luneta, to Roxas Blvd., to Nakpil, and then jog/ brisk walk my way back. It was exhausting. Haha! I'll cut my route if I decided to do it again. :)
8. Don't hesitate.
That is, do not hesitate to do good things to others. Enough said. :)
9. Wait for love.
I may sound desperate, and probably am. Haha! Okay, this is embarassing. Haha! I've been single for 6 years. Haha! And I admit that I kind of miss the feeling of being in love, the feeling of knowing someone loves me, cares for me and understands the toxicity that is my life. Haha! Cheesy, I know! No seriously, I miss it. *deep sigh* I strongly believe that my love story is yet to come. But for now, all I have to do is wait and be the best me. :) *Cheers to that!* Haha!
10. Strengthen my relationship with God.
The last time I felt so close to Him was around 2011 and 2012. It was sad, but I felt far from Him last year. :( But it's amazing because even though I wasn't myself, I still felt His love during the tough times. You know, the overwhelming feeling when singing praises to Him. I can't describe it, but it's so powerful and great. :) So whatever slowed me down back then, I will not let it happen again. I will press forward, like apostle Paul, and will continue my journey. My year's Bible verse is still Philippians 4:13 (found in my side bar). :) And I would like to read again I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris, probably not the entire book, but my favorite chapter, the one with the dream. I'll share that chapter with you soon! :)
So there... Wala na 'kong maisip. Haha! For me not forget these, I will post this in my room, and also in my dorm room wall. :) There's a chance that I will not be able to do this 100%, but I promise to do my best. :)
What about you? What's your new year's or life's resolution?
God bless you folks!