Friday, March 21, 2014

I am a Person Giving Hope [I am PGH]

The University Student Council- Health and Service Committee of the University of the Philippines Manila held an outreach program last February 8 for the pediatric cancer patients of Philippine General Hospital. The event was called I am a Person Giving Hope or I am PGH; and was held at the Lapu-lapu Shrine, Rizal Park.

PROPharm was tapped by Nikolai to be volunteers. I, together with  my org mates, became buddies or kuyas and ates of the kids for a day.

It was a very hot day. But the kids were all active. The program included games, song and dance numbers from the different organizations in UP, and also story-telling. There were also different booths where kids can visit, play various games, have their faces painted, and get prizes.

At the end of the program, the kids were asked to write their wishes on a paper, that will then be folded into a heart shape. Each wish was attached to a balloon. And these balloons were released together.

Here are some pictures:

There's our (PROPharm) logo! :)

Chummy chum!

Our alaga- designing her cupcake :)

O diba? Haha!

Writing her thank-you note :)



One of the cute kids :)

:)



my co-buddy Angeli :)
Me! :)
Balloons with the kids' wishes!

After the event :)

There. There. It was a very tiring yet fulfilling day. These kids... They don't deserve to be sick. They deserve long years of healthy and happy life. =( I pray for their healing, for their well-being and also for their families. Please pray for them too.

-o-
God bless you folks!

1 comment:

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10