Monday, July 28, 2014

It's Monday! What are you reading? #4

Hi folks!
Happy Monday!


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey.

-o-

So... Long time no update eh? Haha!
During the 8 days of no internet connection I managed to finish 5 books! Yey!

cover from Goodreads

You can read my review here.

cover from Goodreads
 This was a short yet enjoyable and inspiring read. :) My review here.

cover from Goodreads
 My review is in queue. Haha!
cover from Goodreads
 Review is also in queue. I'm thinking of watching the pilot episode first before writing my review so I can compare the book and the TV series adaptation.

cover from Goodreads
My review is here.

-o-

I also made progress with What It Was Like by Peter Seth, (I know, I'm still not done with it) and started reading The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (from NetGalley) and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I am also rereading Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris.

From Goodreads:
The Good Girl by Mary Kubica

"I've been following her for the past few days. I know where she buys her groceries, where she has her dry cleaning done, where she works. I don't know the color of her eyes or what they look like when she's scared. But I will."

Born to a prominent Chicago judge and his stifled socialite wife, Mia Dennett moves against the grain as a young inner-city art teacher. One night, Mia enters a bar to meet her on-again, off-again boyfriend. But when he doesn't show, she unwisely leaves with an enigmatic stranger. With his smooth moves and modest wit, at first Colin Thatcher seems like a safe one-night stand. But following Colin home will turn out to be the worst mistake of Mia's life.

Colin's job was to abduct Mia as part of a wild extortion plot and deliver her to his employers. But the plan takes an unexpected turn when Colin suddenly decides to hide Mia in a secluded cabin in rural Minnesota, evading the police and his deadly superiors. Mia's mother, Eve, and detective Gabe Hoffman will stop at nothing to find them, but no one could have predicted the emotional entanglements that eventually cause this family's world to shatter.

An addictively suspenseful and tautly written thriller, The Good Girl is a compulsive debut that reveals how even in the perfect family, nothing is as it seems…
-o-


From Goodreads:
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

The spellbinding epic set in twelfth-century England, The Pillars of the Earth tells the story of the lives entwined in the building of the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has ever known and a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state, and brother against brother.
-o-

This week, I hope to finish the books I'm reading. Ehem! What It Was Like. And perhaps, start another book, probably a YA novel. :)

-o-

So, what are you reading?

8 comments:

  1. I loved Pillars of the Earth. I read it long, long ago, when it first came out. Hope you enjoy it, too.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pillars of the Earth is such a good book! There is also a mini series based on it that is definitely worth checking out if you enjoy the book. :)

    Here is my Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I didn't know about the mini series. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. The Good Girl sounds amazing. I was surprised at the summary of Pillars of Earth. I thought Follett wrote thrillers. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made much progress with The Good Girl but so far, it's good. This is my first Ken Follett novel so I'm not really sure. But The Pillars of the Earth is good. :)

      Delete
  4. I've seen some positive reviews of The Good Girl

    Enjoy!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too. So far, I'm enjoying the book. :)

      Delete

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10