Friday, May 1, 2015

Feature and Follow #9: Reading and Blogging Slump!

Hi folks!
Happy Friday!

Today is Labor Day in the Philippines so I don't have to go to the office and work. I'm sitting here in front of my computer catching up with reviews and wasting time on Tumblr! Haha! :)


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's question is suggested by Take Me Away.

How do you cure a book hangover/blogging slump/reading slump?

Interesting question! For the book hangover in general, I just let myself feel the book for sometime. Afterwards, I will be okay to read another book but in a different genre as the previous one. If the hangover is from a devastating read, I make sure that my next read is a lighter, happier one so I will not feel sad and down. :)

As for the reading and blogging slump, sometimes I just let it pass. I take a break and focus on other things. I've been in a reading slump and it kind of sucks. But I don't want to force myself into reading because it will worsen my inactivity.

-o-

So yeah, that's all folks!
How about you? Do you have an active cure?

17 comments:

  1. I always take a break when I'm in a blogging/reading slump and come back feeling refreshed. New bloglovin' follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Taking a break does help a lot, I usually try to focus on other things as well, like a new feature and/or meme. :) New GFC follower :)

    My FF


    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it makes me more productive in other stuff. :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/05/feature-follow-11-my-ways-to-get-over.html


    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find taking a break always helps too! :)

    (New follower via Bloglovin and GFC)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure does. :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. I think you're right, just letting it pass is the best. I don't force myself to read or blog or whatever in a so-called slump. That would just end up sucking all of the joy out of everything.

    I recently had my very first book hangover, but I ended up coming up with a good solution to get over it. And I am so glad I did because I have read some amazing books since. I talk about it here: http://www.bookpunks.com/finish-the-best-book-youve-ever-read-and-despair/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your FF and re-reading a favorite book is a good idea. :)

      Delete
  6. I think taking a break is a great idea. You never wanna feel forced to read. That would be so bad! New follower via GFC! Happy weekend!
    Jazmen@ThisGirlReadsAlot

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way. In a slump, forcing it usually makes it worse. :D Happy Friday! My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree. :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so bad about forcing myself to read when I'm not in the mood, especially with my ARCs! But your right, it makes it worse when u do that. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like forcing myself. :) Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  9. I think that's the best thing to do, just take a break. It helped me for sure! (:

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10