Sunday, May 3, 2015

Photo Diary: Free Comic Book Day!

Hi folks!


Yesterday, May 2, was Free Comic Book Day! Here in the Philippines, the event was hosted by Fully Booked, one of the big bookstores in the country.

I'm not a big fan of comic books and graphic novels but I really want to get into them ASAP. I've only read one graphic novel which is Rot and Ruin by Jonathan Maberry and I really enjoyed it. Plus, I really am enjoying all the Marvel movies and TV series. So I figured, why not get into reading comic books and graphic novels?

Before heading out to Mall of Asia branch, I decided to check out the NBS Warehouse Sale in Quezon Ave. And folks, I was really disappointed. I do miss the old warehouse sales. :(

Anyway, here are the small selection of free comic books in MOA branch. Participants were only allowed to get one free comic book per person but there were discounts as well. :) In the BGC branch, participants were allowed to take 2 comic books per person.



 This is what I got! I haven't read it yet though.

And in lieu of Leigh Bardugo's book signing event on June, I bought Shadow and Bone! I will buy the remaining two books on the next pay day. Haha! Soon folks, very soon. :)

I was debating whether to buy this one or Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. But I don't like the Throne of Glass cover that's available, the white one, so I opted to buy Shadow and Bone. I did have a hard time choosing though because I really want to read Throne of Glass! :)

Pretty! I'm excited to read this! But I still have a blog tour coming up and some review books in queue. So yeah... 

For a non-book related content, I also dropped by Watsons to buy some Nivea products. Haha! They're having a 50% off sale until May 9. :)


-o-

That's it folks!
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10