Friday, June 26, 2015

Feature & Follow #11


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's question is suggested by Natalie Hearts Books.

Is there a book that you were required to read in school that you actually loved?

Disclaimer: In general, we have a different education system/curriculum here in the Philippines. :)

Hmmm, I remember when I was in Grade 5 or 6, our English teacher required us to read Harry Potter. The class was divided into groups and each was assigned a specific book. Our group was assigned with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. That was the first actual novel I read. I was 11 or 12 at the time. I like to think that reading Harry Potter sparked my love of books. :)

-o-

How about you folks? Let me know in the comments below! :)

14 comments:

  1. I love that you were required to read HP!! That's awesome and a great way to get kids interested in reading :) One of my favorites from school was The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien, which is a fictionalized retelling of events that occurred during the Vietnam War. It was required for my US history class in college and surprisingly enough I loved the book!

    New Follower on Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of The Things They Carried. But since it's historical fiction, I'll check it out. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great choice. I don't remember much of the required reading when I was that young. I tend to only remember the high school reads.
    New follower on GFC

    Please check out my #FF
    http://thankyoumsbowen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the movie after reading the book, so I think that's why it's unforgettable. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. It must have been great to read HP in class. So many of the books I had to read were so boring!

    New follower via Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice experience reading HP in class. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. My required reads didn't impress me much. I'm much happier with today's releases!
    New follower GFC. http://wp.me/p5Q4Dh-sN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. Most required readings are not impressive because we feel pressure in reading them. :)

      Delete
  5. Great FF! Followed Via GFC
    Here is my post: http://rainydayreadingreviews.blogspot.com/2015/06/feature-follow-friday-is-weekly-meme_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to gone to your school. My was so restrictive.... New follower via Blogvin
    Tash @Confessions From Romaholics

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have much preferred reading Harry Potter than some of the books I was required to read for class.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/feature-follow-friday-required-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I don't think we read much of anything contemporary when I was in school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. How cool that you read Harry Potter at school! I was in high school by the time the series started coming out.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10