Friday, July 15, 2016

Feature & Follow #28: Favorite Character Archetype


Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's prompt:
What is(are) your favorite character archetype(s)?

I am very picky with characters, because they can sometimes make or break a book. My favorite character archetype, therefore, is someone who has a balanced emotional and rational intelligence. This may include a character who is independent, brave, smart, and who is not only capable of making rational decisions but is also capable of showing/feeling love and compassion.

(Note: This may also apply in real life. Haha.)

Of course, no character (and real life person) is perfect, but this balanced intelligence will guarantee  a character a spot in my "I like" list. :)

-o-

How about you folks?
What is/are your favorite character archetype/s?


8 comments:

  1. Balance in every aspect of our life is important, I'm sure like characters have that as well. Showing the good and the bad is important to really make a great character!

    Following you via GFC!

    Giova @ Corazones Literarios

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have balance voth for men and women in fiction!
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your favourite archetype! Now a days YA has all the over hyped bad attitude jerks as heroes and clueless, naive girls. But Rational intelligence and balanced emotionally characters are actually attracting my attention now a days too!
    Old Bloglovin' follower.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to know we're the same. Haha! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't read a lot of contemporaries, so I don't see very much balanced and normal! LOL It's definitely interesting food for thought: why do I like dark, damaged, crazy, and/or monstrous characters so much?

    Great answer! Very different!
    Heather
    Bloodthirsty Muses

    New Bloglovin' follower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we all have our own cups of tea. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Contact Me

For inquiries and review requests, send me an e-mail at: aizel.onepageatatime@gmail.com or aizelcamillemacaldo@gmail.com
09 10