Dia Del Libro 2017: Photo Diary

April 23 is World Book Day! To celebrate here in the Philippines, Instituto Cervantes de Manila, together with other partner organizations, publishers and bookstores, held a one-day book fair. The event was held yesterday, April 22, in Ayala Triangle, Makati.

This was my second World Book Day book fair! And it felt good to see fellow book lovers meet for such an event.

worldbookday2017_1

Book Stop has a new design! It got smaller but I still like the stairs, perfect to hang-out eh?

worldbookday2017_2

New in this year's event from Museo Nacional Del Prado

worldbookday2017_3

worldbookday2017_4

worldbookday2017_5

Book Stop! Here's what's behind/below the stairs. I think I'm going to donate books again! I need to unhaul some books. Hehe.

worldbookday2017_6

The stage in the fountain area. Instituto de Cervantes treated us with a free concert from Manila Symphony Orchestra.

worldbookday2017_7

National Book Store booth.

worldbookday2017_8

worldbookday2017_9

I had a hard time thinking my favorite books. These two came into my head first. 😀

worldbookday2017_10

Not sure if this is a Power Books booth or a Fully Booked one. Haha!

worldbookday2017_11

At the Anvil booth, Ambeth Ocampo, author and historian, held a book signing event. I should've bought his book and have it signed. 😒

worldbookday2017_12

There were more booths but they're the same as last year's.

worldbookday2017_13

worldbookday2017_14

I think I stayed for an hour just listening to the concert. This free concert is organized by Instituto Cervantes de Manila, the Embassy of Spain and Manila Symphony Orchestra, in collaboration with Ayala Land.

worldbookday2017_15

Also stayed for Juan Miguel Severo's signing event. I know I don't say this much but I do love poetry! Juan Miguel Severo is a spoken word poet/artist.

worldbookday2017_16

My signed book! It says "Umibig parati at muli." Translation: Love always and again. But I guess we can re-order the words to "Love again and always"? Haha! Idk.

-o-

That's all folks for my quick photo diary of World Book Day!

Here's my photo diary of last year's: Click here. 😊