What Happened: Midyear 2018

Hi folks!

How are you all doing? It's already the middle of the year, and it's time to recap what happened in the first half of 2018.

My reading life was good at the beginning of the year. I was on track with my reading goal of 3 books per month, and I post frequently on this blog. However, my activity dwindled toward the middle because of, well, work and other adult things. Haha!

Let's see what I have accomplished!


Books I Read

January
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
God's Not Dead by Rice Broocks- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


February
Tree by F. Sionil Jose- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


March
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


April
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

May
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


June
I Was Here by Gayle Forman- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

Other books I have finished are the following but I cannot remember if I finished them last April or May. 😁
  • The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
  • The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis

Total books read: 17

Currently reading
  • Tomorrow Can Be Different by H. Norman Wright
  • More Than This by Patrick Ness
  • Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden

Blog Posts
    Total: 26 posts

    -o-

    For the other non-bookish things, my life has been well. Though I've been busy with work, I also had 5 out-of-town travels and was able to watch 1 musical - The Lion King Musical! I'll be posting photo diaries on my personal blog (Protected and Loved) soon. 😁

    Now, for the rest of the year I am not sure what will happen. I do have some plans but we shall see. Here are my plans for the next half of 2018:
    • Unhaul books
    • Re-organize my shelves
    • Get on with my pending posts
    • Reach my reading goals!
    • Visit the Book Museum
    • Visit at least 1 independent book shop
    -o-

    There you go folks!

    I hope you all had a lovely first half of 2018. Let's move forward and enjoy the rest of the year!