Waiting on Wednesday #10: Pretty Baby

Happy Wednesday!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme where we will showcase that one book we can't wait to hit the market!

-o-

cover from Goodreads
Title: Pretty Baby
Author: Mary Kubica
Publication Details: July 28th 2015 by Mira

A chance encounter sparks an unrelenting web of lies in this stunning new psychological thriller from national bestselling author Mary Kubica

She sees the teenage girl on the train platform, standing in the pouring rain, clutching an infant in her arms. She boards a train and is whisked away. But she can't get the girl out of her head...

Heidi Wood has always been a charitable woman: she works for a nonprofit, takes in stray cats. Still, her husband and daughter are horrified when Heidi returns home one day with a young woman named Willow and her four-month-old baby in tow. Disheveled and apparently homeless, this girl could be a criminal—or worse. But despite her family's objections, Heidi invites Willow and the baby to take refuge in their home.

Heidi spends the next few days helping Willow get back on her feet, but as clues into Willow's past begin to surface, Heidi is forced to decide how far she's willing to go to help a stranger. What starts as an act of kindness quickly spirals into a story far more twisted than anyone could have anticipated.

-o-

I don't usually read psychological thrillers but hey, the author is Mary Kubica! I love, love her first book, The Good Girl (which I reviewed here). I love her style of writing and how the story and characters were woven together to create a thrilling read. Thus, I'm really looking forward to reading more of her works!

And guys, let us not forget the cover! Just look how pretty it is! Haha!

-o-

That's all folks!
What are you waiting on?


Comments

  1. I have heard nothing but good things about this book. Buzz is already being generated for it. Happy Reading! Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. This is my first time hearing about this book. My interest is definitely piqued. I hope you enjoy it!

    Check out my WoW - http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/waiting-on-wednesday-song-of-david-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow the author on Twitter that's why I knew about it. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh maybe the girl isn't really the mother but instead she steals babies?!
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I will know soon. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh this sounds right up my alley -- I love thrillers! Definitely adding to my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I keep seeing this one this week. Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too, especially on Twitter and Facebook. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Great pick! This one sounds great but it's the first I've heard of it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment