Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #12: Lament for the Afterlife

Happy Wednesday folks!


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme where we will showcase that one book we can't wait to hit the market!

-o-

from Goodreads

Title: Lament for the Afterlife
Author: Lisa L. Hannett
Publication Details: August 4th 2015 by Diamond Book Distributors, ChiZine Publications
Genre: Sci Fi & Fantasy

No one knows when the war against the greys began. There are theories, speculations, but the only certainties are air-raids, abductions, and inner city explosions. Assaults are endless, swift and lethal; the enemy's stealth unsurpassed. Whispers have circulated for centuries, thoughts spinning from minds in visible wordwinds, clear for all to read, to wield, to steal. Where are the greys? When will they next strike? How can you attack something you can't see? And secretly, fearfully: Are the greys even real? Spanning decades, Lament for the Afterlife follows one man as he negotiates the hostile territory of life after combat. Peytr Borysson comes from a long line of soldiers, but isn't born for fighting. His 'wind is better shaped for poetry than bullets. Even so, at sixteen he follows the local boys into battle - and never quite leaves. Interweaving Peytr's struggles with those of his family, Lament for the Afterlife takes readers to the front lines and far beyond, telling a story of ordinary people persisting in extraordinary circumstances. A novel of human survival, guilt, and the devastating power of memory, Lament for the Afterlife examines the physical and psychological distances we travel when beliefs are threatened - or held too tightly. (Source: NetGalley)

-o-

I actually have this on my NetGalley. The cover art first got me. And upon reading the blurb, I knew I have to read this. Haha! I think it sounds deep, interesting and insightful. :)

-o-

What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Interesting!! I love a good psychological story and the cover image is so bizarre! It has me curious! Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. The cover is indeed pretty. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. This book doesn't seem to be my type of read, but I really love that cover! I hope you get to read this soon and happy reading! :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Most recent post: Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't in my usual reading genre but it's a beautiful cover! I hope you enjoy ;P

    Sherry@theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. This one does sound pretty good; I'll have to add it to my TBR!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. This isn't my typical read, but I hope you enjoy it!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete