Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 2015 TBR

Hi folks!

How's your August so far? I hope you're having a good month! :)

-o-

Anyway, I want to share my August TBR. Well okay, I don't really do monthly TBRs because I don't really follow them (Haha!), but this month, I will try my best to stick to my list.

Here are the books I will read this month of August!



Reboot by Amy Tintera: I started reading this last week, and I'm enjoying it so far.
The Elite and The One by Kiera Cass: I really enjoyed reading The Selection so I can't wait to finish the series.
The Heir by Kiera Cass: I haven't bought the book yet. But I will very soon! :)

As for the review ebooks, I will try to read the following:

Title: Lament for the Afterlife
Author: Lisa L. Hannett
Publication Details: August 4th 2015 by Diamond Book Distributors, ChiZine Publications
Genre: Sci Fi & Fantasy

No one knows when the war against the greys began. There are theories, speculations, but the only certainties are air-raids, abductions, and inner city explosions. Assaults are endless, swift and lethal; the enemy's stealth unsurpassed. Whispers have circulated for centuries, thoughts spinning from minds in visible wordwinds, clear for all to read, to wield, to steal. Where are the greys? When will they next strike? How can you attack something you can't see? And secretly, fearfully: Are the greys even real?Spanning decades, Lament for the Afterlife follows one man as he negotiates the hostile territory of life after combat. Peytr Borysson comes from a long line of soldiers, but isn't born for fighting. His 'wind is better shaped for poetry than bullets. Even so, at sixteen he follows the local boys into battle — and never quite leaves. Interweaving Peytr's struggles with those of his family, Lament for the Afterlife takes readers to the frontlines and far beyond, telling a story of ordinary people persisting in extraordinary circumstances. A novel of human survival, guilt, and the devastating power of memory, Lament for the Afterlife examines the physical and psychological distances we travel when beliefs are threatened — or held too tightly (Description from NetGalley).


Title: Created (Created #1)
Author: Peiri Ann
Publication Details: July 24th 2015
Genre: Teens & YA, Sci Fi & Fantasy

After a devastating universal war, our government has manufactured genetically altered humans. These ‘creations’ are designed to manage and enforce law and order among the citizens. Creations don’t know fear or pain. Their sole function is to fight the enemy and live to battle again.

Orphans Kylie Alexander and her twin brother, Lukahn were born for this purpose. Dedicating their lives to sharpening their deadly skills and forfeiting the chance of love and freedom. They ready themselves for Separation, the deadly rite of passage where they are drafted into the final preparation for war.

When Kylie and Luke are shipped off to separation three months early, questions arise. Who is the real enemy? What is really happening beyond the fractured sanctuary of the training compound?

Humans and creations alike have become lethal foes when a plague of the living dead becomes the number one hazard. Strategies change as the twins discover they may not be the saviors of humankind after all.

They may be the real enemy of the people.

-o-

There you go folks! I'll update you at the end of the month of my progress. Haha!

What are you planning to read this August?

Have a nice day folks!

6 comments:

  1. I just read Tge One this month :) I really enjoyed it :) But I don't think I'll be continuing on with The Heir or the other book. I really liked how The One ended and just felt that it was a great trilogy. I hope you enjoy The Heir too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. I'm not 100% sure if I'll be reading The Heir, but I'm sure that I won't be reading the novellas. :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I loved The Selection but I still haven't read the rest of the series. Reboot sounds amazing.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope the The Elite and The One will be as enjoyable as The Selection. :)

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your TBR! I'm planning on starting The Selection soon and I'm really hoping I'll like it so I can continue with the series. I've heard lots of good things! :)

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make it sooner! I enjoyed reading The Selection. :)

      Delete