Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Update on TBR Pile Be Gone #1

Hi folks!

Last November 2015, I put myself on a book-buying ban, unless I read 10 from my TBR pile. Of course, nobody is perfect. I did break the ban. Haha! But somehow I managed to lessen the books I bought over the past few months. I also managed to remove 11 books from my pile, excluding digital copies and the 3 books I bought during the ban period and have read immediately.

Eleven books in 7 months. The number is quite small, I know. I've been a slow reader because of work, but I'm happy nonetheless with my progress. Slow progress is still progress, right?

Here are the 11 books I read. The titles are linked to their respective reviews. :)


Gone by Michael Grant
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
Hunger by Michael Grant
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson (Review to follow!)

-o-

There folks. Hopefully this June I will be able to read more. Haha! And I hope for my second Pile Be Gone update, there will be more books included. :)

How's your TBR pile?

3 comments:

  1. I think I need to put myself on a book buying ban, too! My TBR pile is ridiculous... And so is my bank balance haha.

    I'm glad you managed to get through some of yours! I loved Cinder, and Throne of Glass is on my TBR list for this month. :)

    Shaunna @ Books Over Bros

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for the bank balance. Mine's quite suffering too. Haha. I hope you'll enjoy Throne of Glass too. It's a good read. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Well Done!! You did amazing on your ban! And you have read some fabulous books, Cinder, Throne of Glass, The 5th Wave, Between Shades of Gray :) I hope you enjoyed all of them.

    I went on a ban a while back ago myself. I had 130 books in my room to read. Then one day I just went on a clean out spree and with me not buying books for a few months, my tbr went down to 70! But with all the amazing releases coming out the last few months my tbr is still on 70 even though it should be so much less :p But hey! We're readers! :D

    ReplyDelete