Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi: Book Review

I finally finished reading the Shatter Me trilogy by Tahereh Mafi. The first book in the series is Shatter Me, followed by Unravel Me and then Ignite Me.

Shatter Me trilogy

I can't say I love the trilogy but it was okay. In the first two books, Juliette was really annoying. Her actions and judgments were irrational and mostly based on emotions. There's too much thoughts going on even if some were not really necessary (I think!). Her thoughts about Adam and later about Warner were also too cheesy for me! Haha!

I understand that Juliette's development were intended to take a long time but I expected to see more changes in Unravel Me. In Ignite Me, she was instantly this better Juliette. And I really find it hard to believe. Haha! I guess Juliette is not my type of protagonist.

Anyway, what kept me going was Kenji. I liked that he's smart, sweet and very funny. He's been through a lot (well, all of them) but he was always in a happy disposition especially when he's around his friends. :)

As for Adam and Warner... I don't know. Haha! But I first loved Adam. Warner's true color was suddenly revealed in Ignite Me so one has to digest it first really well before truly accepting him. (That is if you're a Team Adam first!) :)



I liked the story and the idea of super powers but I was not able to connect with the main character. So yeah.... :)

shatterme_signed

Oh yes, I had my copies signed! :)

That's all folks!