Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Book Review

cover from Goodreads
Title: Obsidian (Lux #1)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication details: May 8, 2012 by Entangled Teen

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.

I just finished reading Obsidian. And oh my goodness guys! I loved it!

Obsidian is sexy and funny! It's about Katy who just moved to West Virginia just before her senior year. She is pretty much resigned about the idea but then there's Dee, heüber friendly neighbor, and her brother, Daemon, the hot boy next door. 

Daemon exudes confidence and sexiness in every physical level. Not so much about his character though. Katy finds herself in a nonstop hilarious battle of comebacks (and flirtations) with him. They definitely do not like each other.

Until she's attacked... and Katy finds the truth about her neighbors. Then things get more interesting...

I cannot really put my emotions into words other than I really enjoyed reading Obsidian. I liked Katy's strong character. She's funny, and a book blogger! You guys must find that amazing! :) It made me laugh and giddy from beginning to end.

If you're into reading supernatural, fantasy and romance young adult novels, then this book is for you. Oh! There's also a lot of sexual tension, so yeah, not for kids.



I'm currently reading the second book, Onyx. And so far, I'm enjoying it! :)

That's all folks!