Friday, September 11, 2015

Feature & Follow #19: Book Recommendations


Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It is where we, book bloggers, can meet new people and gain followers as well!

-o-

This week's question is suggested by Becky's Barmy Book Blog

Undiscovered talent - tell us about a book you loved but no one else seems to have heard of. It can be new or old, any genre. Let's spread the love.

-o-

Oh I have a lot of book recommendations! Let me do this by genre.

Young Adult, Contemporary:


How to Love by Katie Cotugno (Goodreads)
I reviewed it here.


Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander (Goodreads)
I reviewed it here.

Mystery, Psychological Thriller:


The Good Girl by Mary Kubica (Goodreads)
I reviewed it here.

Historical Fiction:


City of Thieves by David Benioff (Goodreads)

And folks! David Benioff is also a screenwriter and executive producer of Game of Thrones. Not to mention his other screenwriting credits in Troy and The Kite Runner. :)

Dystopia, Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction:




Razorland Trilogy: Enclave (Goodreads), Outpost (Goodreads) and Horde (Goodreads)

I enjoyed this trilogy because it's fast-paced and action-packed, with good romance and kick-ass characters. :)

-o-

That's all folks!

Any underrated book recommendations for me?

16 comments:

  1. I want to play! The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. My all-time favorite series! It begins with The Eyre Affair which is book one. I have read them all, seven or eight books? I love them so hard. Genre is hard to define: think Monty Python meets fantasy in a bibliophile's alternative world.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to read that series too. I'm actually trying to buy all the books first, before reading them. :) I think I'm missing 2-3 books.

      Delete
  2. The Good Girl looks interesting! Nice long list
    Old follower hopping through!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should read The Good Girl. It's a very good read. :)

      Delete
  3. I have heard all the books from you amazing list. But, I haven't read them yet. Thank for sharing. I chose The Protectors series by Emily Ann Ward. Here is my FF: http://bornbookish.com/2015/09/bookish-follow-3-undiscovered-book-talent.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! :) I haven't heard of The Protectors series, but I'll check them out. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your long list of book recommendations! Love and Other Unknown Variables has such an awesome cover, and City of Thieves has an interesting premise. So many books, so little time. Argh!

    Old follower :)

    Here's my FFF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are both good reads. :) Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I have The Good Girl on my TBR, and see a few others here I need to add - thanks for sharing! My FF Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked The Good Girl. You should read it soon. :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard of Enclave, it's on my tbr list :-)

    My post is here: The Book Bundle

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Good Girl was a fabulous read, great choice! Have you read Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica yet? It's on my TBR but haven't made it to that one! I LOVE the cover of Love and Other Unknown Variables, gonna have to check that one our for sure :)

    Old follower here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Pretty Baby yet but hoping I would be able to soon. :) Mary Kubica is a very good author. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I've had How To Love sitting on my shelf for a long time now, and I definitely need to bump it up my to read list!

    Old follower via GFC!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should. :) Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete