Books That Made Me Cry: Book Recommendations

Hi folks!

I have another book recommendations for you, and this time they are those books that made me cry- from shedding a tear or two to the ugly kind of cry. Haha!

I am only going to list 10 books (because I cannot really remember all of them), and add a little description, keywords/quotes below so as to give you ideas why it made me cry without spoiling the plot. I will also include a rating, with 5 crying emojis being the ugliest cry I ever had.

Let's begin, shall we? In no particular order...

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak



"That's my papa's accordion."
"Wake up, Rudy..."

I loved this book, as well as the movie! It's a WWII story but told in a different light. It's a refreshing and moving read.

😭😭😭😭😭

2. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks



“I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn't. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.”

Love and loss

I first read this when I was in high school and then re-read it in college. I've also watched the movie, I think thrice. Haha! And I cried every single time.

😭😭😭😭😭

3. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult



Selfless love of a sibling

I did not expect the ending of this book, so I think that's the main reason why I cried so much.

😭😭😭😭

4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green



“It lit up like a Christmas Tree Hazel Grace...”

Love and loss, bravery

I don't think I need to explain myself further. I liked the book and I cried buckets. Though, I haven't seen the movie.

😭😭😭😭

5. Allegiant by Veronica Roth



Selfless love

To be honest, Allegiant was quite a dragging read for me but the ending is just ugh! I think it is very unnecessary, but oh well. Selfless love.

😭😭😭😭😭

6. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



Regret, moving on

The plot twist got me. Haha!

😭😭

7. The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas



“My name is Celaena Sardothien, and I will not be afraid.”


Finding and losing love

My dear Sam. I just felt so sad for Celaena is all. *sniffs*

😭😭😭

8. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes



Self-love, loss

While I don't agree in one of the major plot elements, I still understood the importance of choosing one's self at times.

😭😭😭😭

9. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks



Selfless love

I also have an issue with one of the plot elements. But sans that, the selfless act in the end got me.

😭😭😭

10. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks



Reconciliation

I did not care about Ronnie's love story in this book, to be honest. What I liked about this book is her relationship and reconciliation with her father.

😭😭😭

-o-

I think that's all folks! These are the books that made me cry and had lasting impressions on me.

Have you read any of them?

Have a nice day!