Book Haul #22: 38th Manila International Book Fair

Hi folks!

Why is it October already? 2017 sure wants to rest ASAP! 😁
Anyway, as promised here are the books I bought last 38th Manila International Book Fair!


For this year's book fair, I challenged myself to stick to a budget. And folks, I did a good job! Well okay, I exceeded a tiny bit. But hey, I only bought 5 books! And 4 of them were in my list. Yey!

It was pretty difficult, this self-control thing. Haha! But I figured I can always buy books in other months so I don't need to spend majority of my month's salary in books. Ugh, budgeting! #adultingisdifficult 😁

On to my haul, shall we?


A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir | GOODREADS
I know that the third book had a cover change (I'm most definitely not happy about it), but I still bought the second book with the original cover. I hope they will eventually change the third book's cover. Lol

Anyway, I read An Ember in the Ashes and liked it. The first book ended with a promise of challenge and adventure so I am excited to continue with Elias and Laia's story.

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur | GOODREADS
I was intrigued by this book because it is all over Tumblr. I've been reading/hearing nothing but good things so I'm happy I finally have it.

I believe this is a book of poems about love, and I am very up for that #hopelessromantic. I don't own many poetry books. Actually, I think this is just my second one. So yey me!

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness | GOODREADS
I've been wanting to buy this book for three years already. Haha! I haven't read any of the author's works (I know, shame) but I heard good reviews about them, especially his Chaos Walking trilogy.

I would've bought the entire trilogy if I wasn't controlling myself. Haha! But soon, I just have to read this one first.

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes | GOODREADS
This one is not in my list, but lately I've been into fantasy reads so I thought of trying the series. I have no idea what the book is about, but I've also been seeing a lot of the book on the internet. Lol

Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | GOODREADS
I've read Illuminae and really liked it! It has a refreshing way of story-telling and was an interesting read with right amount of action. I can't wait to read Gemina to know more of the world-building and how things will be weaved together!

Link: Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: Book Review

-o-

That's it folks for my 38th Manila International Book Fair book haul. Hmmmm. I don't know which one I will read first because I have so many TBRs. But I do hope to read them all soon! 😁