Book Haul #26: To All the Books I Did Not Haul Before

Hi folks!

As I have mentioned in my last post, September is Manila International Book Fair (MIBF) month. And when there's a book fair, there's a book haul.

MIBF is not happening until September 12, so this is not a MIBF haul. Haha! Of course, I'll have a post for that. But looking at my archive, I noticed that my last book haul post was March! 😱 And so to fill in the gap between March and my future MIBF haul, I figured I'd do this. 😁

From April to August, here are the books I got and some of my thoughts on them:


This isn't in chronological order because I cannot remember which book/s I bought in what month. I am not even sure if I missed to include some books here. Haha!


Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff: I have read the first two books in the trilogy, and really, really liked them. They're refreshing and action-packed sci-fi reads. The only reason why I haven't read the third book yet is I don't want to end the series. But I am pretty sure that this will not disappoint. I'm excited to know how the authors will end the series, and what's in store for all the characters.


Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi: I am just joining the bandwagon when I bought this book. Haha! I cannot remember the synopsis (and I will not bother to read the back cover), just that it's the first book in a fantasy series/trilogy. Also, I've been hearing that it's a good read so I decided to give it a try.

The Fates Divide (Carve the Mark #2) by Veronica Roth: The first book, Carve the Mark, is quite controversial for some. Personally, I enjoyed reading it so I am going to continue with the series.


The Dale Carnegie Omnibus Volume 2 (How to Stop Worrying and Start Living and How to Enjoy Your Life and Your Job): I've read about How to Stop Worrying and Start Living on a lifestyle blog. Since I've read Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, and found it really motivating, I decided to give his other books a try.

Luckily, National Bookstore carries this omnibus edition and I got two titles in one book! Ha! Score!


These Old Shades by Georgette Heyer: Well, I am not sure if this book will be right up my alley. I only wanted to try the book blind date, that's why I got this. Haha! It's historical fiction though, so we'll see.


All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: Yas! I already read this one and loved it! It was in my wish list for a long time. So yey for finding a secondhand copy. I bought this preloved gem at @bookendsbeginnings. Historical fictions are love, folks. They are love.

-o-

That's all folks for my book haul from April to August! Can't wait for MIBF! 😁