Historical Fiction and Nonfiction Collection 2019: Photo Diary

Hi folks!

One of the subjects that interests me is history. Even when I was a child, I enjoyed browsing books and reading topics about history. It just fascinates me how our world evolved over the years and at the same time retain its essence. Am I making any sense? Haha!

Anyway, I have mentioned countless of times here on my blog that one my favorite genres is historical fiction. However, I do also read historical nonfiction from time to time. For both fiction and nonfiction, I especially like those set during the war era, because they tell so much about society and human nature. Most of them have bittersweet endings, but they are inspiring and they make me want to reflect on my actions toward others.

Since being an avid reader, I have already read quite a few of them. I still have a lot to read, but for now here are the historical fiction reads on my shelf.


There's one shelf dedicated to my historical books but I already ran out of space. 😁 The first three books are not on those shelf.


I have read Lucia, Lucia years ago. I actually cannot remember the plot details anymore. Haha!
From the Memoirs of a Non-enemy Combatant is unread. And I'm not sure if it really is a historical fiction. 😁


Both unread. The Ben-Hur book is not the original one. I think it's based on the movie. I just saw it in BOOKSALE and bought it because it's cheap. 😁


The only book unread is My Brother, My Executioner, but I am planning to read it this year.
The Thirteenth Tale is more like a Gothic-ish/mystery book but for some reason it's here. Lol


I started reading The Pillars of the Earth back in 2014 but I never finished it. Ugh, I have to read it again.

For the Carlos Ruiz Zafon books, I have only read the first two books in The Cemetery of Forgotten Books trilogy. Haha! But the author managed to be in my auto-buy author list, so yeah. 😁



Both read and loved. I've been meaning to reread Random Acts of Heroic Love but I just couldn't find the time to do so because of the other unread books. 😁


Both read. Ruta Sepetys is also one of my auto-buy authors.


Another auto-buy author. Though I haven't read Stay Where You Are & then Leave yet.


Also read. I have yet to find the other books of Maureen Lang. And Elizabeth Wein is also an auto-buy author!


More of my faves. I have yet to read other Markus Zusak books.


Yes, faves. Haha! I am sorry if my captions are redundant. I just liked them all.


Two unread non-fictions. Haha! But I am planning to read them very, very soon.

-o-

That's it! I find it difficult to categorize my books to be honest. And I'm pretty sure I did miss out a few. Haha! But those are majority of my historical books. I still have a lot to buy and read, but one book at a time folks. One book at a time. 😊


That's all folks for this tour!
Happy reading!