What Happened: April 2019

Hi folks!

It's been a while eh? Life hasn't been too keen on giving me motivation to write and update my blog. And also, I have been doing quite a lot at work and uhmmm, watching a lot of YouTube videos and browsing Instagram during my free time. 😁

But anyway, I am here to update you folks.

First, work.
We are entering another toxic month at work. And when I say toxic I meant fast-approaching deadlines. Aaaah! But we'll come through. It's just that most of my time are being spent at work, and as much as possible, I do not want to work overtime. Bleh! 😩

Second, travel.
Since 2017, I make it a point to travel (around the Philippines) or at least do something fun every month. So that's another thing that's keeping me busy aside from work. I haven't updated my travel/personal blog yet, but my Instagram (@aizelmacaldo) is updated with my recent adventures. 😁

Next, my blogs.
Aside from my book blog, I also have another one where I keep my travel diaries and some personal posts. However, I had a hard time keeping up with my posts since I don't have much time and enough motivation.

I'm thinking of merging those posts here on my book blog. But I am not 100% sure. What do you think? For reference, here's my personal blog: Protected and Loved.

As for this book blog, I have a lot of pending book review posts. Hopefully, I can catch up! 😊

Lastly, books!
I have just finished reading My Brother, My Executioner by F. Sionil Jose (a Filipino author), and The Passion of Christ by John Piper (a re-read).

And I am still reading The Stand by Stephen King. Boy, this book is loooong. I can only read this when I'm at home since the book is heavy for me to carry around, so I am still not half-way through this book.

The Stand is actually my first Stephen King book. And thankfully, I find it interesting. There are some dragging parts, but I am very curious as to how things will play out in the end. Hopefully, I can finish this by May. 😁

-o-

That's all folks for my little update!
Happy reading!