40th Manila International Book Fair: Photo Diary

Hello folks!

Nowadays, I seldom buy a book at its full price. Believe it or not, I now only tend to buy from secondhand book stores or whenever there are sales. So book fairs offering books at discounted prices? Ah, yes please! 😁

Last September 13, I went to SMX Convention Center Manila to visit and enjoy the Manila International Book Fair or MIBF. On its 40th year, it once again showcased bookstores, publishers and educational organizations, and catered to us book lovers.

As I have mentioned in my previous photo diaries, I have been going to MIBF since college (its 31st year I think). And I am always looking forward to this annual book fair. Obviously, it is a must that I visit. Although I set myself a smaller budget this year, I still had a good time seeing those shelves and shelves of books. Plus, isn't it amazing to see and be with fellow readers? 😁

I was not able to take many pictures actually because there are quite many people. And I was also busy looking at the shelves. Haha! But still, here is my quick photo diary:



Tradewinds Books booth featuring the works of F. Sionil Jose, among other Filipino authors. I was thinking of buying The Pretenders, the 4th book in the Rosales Saga. But since it's not on my list, I didn't. Haha!

Since I had an allotted budget, I did not go from booth to booth. I only went to the booths I frequently visit during MIBF. And I also have a list of books to buy. 😁 


Anvil Publishing booth- Last year, I mentioned that I am going to buy a boxed set of Lualhati Bautista's books this year. But I still haven't got it yet. Haha! I didn't actually put it on my list. But really, I will buy this soon.



National Book Store booth- I did not buy anything from the National Book Store. I almost did though because they had a Book Fair Specials section, but self-control won. Lol

The Book Fair Specials section had some good titles though. Perhaps if I went during the first day of MIBF, I would've bought books. 😅





I also dropped by these booths: OMF Lit Bookshop, Philippine Bible Society, Philippine Christian Book Store, and Our Daily Bread. In case you do not know, these booths carry Christian/Spiritual books. 😊 I only bought one devotional book from the Our Daily Bread booth. I almost bought a notebook but I was able to stop myself. Haha!






Now, the last booth I visited and where I spent most of my money- Fully Booked. During MIBF, Fully Booked, in my opinion, always have the best selection of books, so it is always fun to browse their shelves. It is also harder to control myself, but I got through it this year. Haha!











Just like last year, MIBF also occupied the second floor halls of SMX Convention Center. The booths there were mostly for children. I only went to Adarna House booth because it is always fun to reminisce my childhood books.

Seriously, my future kid will most definitely have these Adarna books! 😁



-o-

Aaah, it was fun visiting the Manila International Book Fair again! Just seeing all the shelves filled with books makes my heart really happy! Haha!

As I have mentioned, since I was very conscious of my budget, I only bought a few books from my list. And those only include books I am really excited to read ASAP. Clue: Most of them are fantasy books! 😁

I will soon have a blog post of all the books I got in the 3rd quarter of 2019! Stay tuned!

-o-

That's all folks!
Happy reading!