2020 Reading Wrap-up

Hi folks! What a year 2020 has been, eh?
Most, if not all, would agree with me that 2020 turned out very differently. It was a crazy year!

Since we went on lock down and started working from home, one would think that I would have read more books and reached my reading goals. But alas, I did not. And I only meant to read 30 books! I still got some reading done but I was also in a reading slump. Plus, I picked up a few hobbies or activities that kind of took over my reading time. Lol (And of course, work's busy as usual) But it's okay. Everything's fine. 😁

I did not finish a book in January and February because of work, so I only started reading in March. So yeah, here's my recap.

March
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

April
Red Rising by Pierce Brown - ⭐⭐⭐.5
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - reread
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir - reread
A Repear at the Gate by Sabaa Tahir - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

May
Fear by Michael Grant - ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh - ⭐⭐⭐.5
Light by Michael Grant - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

June
The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
The Road by Cormac McCarthy - ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Changelling by Philippa Gregory - ⭐⭐⭐.5

August
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

September
Stormbringer by Philippa Gregory - ⭐⭐⭐.5
For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway - ⭐⭐⭐

October
Mutiny on the Bounty by John Boyne - ⭐⭐⭐.5
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant - ⭐⭐⭐.5

November
Ben-Hur by Carol Wallace - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

December
12.21 by Dustin Thomason - ⭐⭐⭐.5

I read a total of 22 books! But aside from them, I also started reading Manga, specifically Attack on Titan. I am currently on Volume 4.

Other update reading-wise is I finally got a TBR Cart! It currently has some of the books I bought in 2020, so here's my incomplete 2020 book haul.
For the blog, I did not post much but that is not something unusual. Haha! I was actually debating whether I should still continue this blog or not. But even though my laziness gets the best of me, I still enjoy writing and sharing anything book-related so I will keep this.

For my reading journal and reading challenges, nothing really significant happened! 😂 I don't think I will be keeping a separate journal for my reading/books so I will just have a few pages dedicated to books in my life journal. I will post a 2021 journal tour soon! But still here are some pages from my 2020 reading journal.
As for my Instagram account, I deleted my existing bookstagram and created a new one where I post anything related to books, journaling, faith, and lifestyle. Please follow me: aizel.daily!

That's it folks! I know I should've read more in 2020, but you know, life. I hope 2021 will be a better reading year for me. I am planning to read more fantasy books but we shall see.
 
For non-bookish things, I have yet to decide what I'll be focusing on in 2021, especially since I will be turning 30! But regardless I am just hoping for a great year! 😁

-o-

Happy reading folks!