2021 Reading Goals and TBR Cart

Hi folks!

It's that time again to set up our yearly goals! And even though the probability of me accomplishing them is low, it's still fun for me to think of my goals and plan for them. I don't know, but there's something about the new year that motivates me to plan and start anew!
My reading goals are:
  • Read 30 books - It's not much but with my schedule and other activities that's what I can only set for myself. It would be great to read more than 30 though!
  • Read at least 5 books from my TBR shelves - That is those books I bought from 2019 below.
  • Finish at least 3 series - I think I have around 10 series that I haven't finished reading yet.
  • Read Lord of the Rings before diving into other fantasy books - I have a few fantasy series I want to read in 2021, but I want to read the classic LOTR first before diving into them.
  • Read more books by Filipino authors - The classic ones. And hopefully, review them here on my blog.
Other book-related goals:
  • Limit my book expenses to Php 10k - I normally spend around Php 10k in books every year, but in 2020 I might have exceeded. Lol. So I'm bringing it back to Php 10k. I really need to control my book-buying habits.
  • Sell/donate my unhauled books - I have already pulled out the books I want to unhaul. I only need to sell or donate them.
As for my 2021 TBR cart, I have already showed it in my previous post. It mostly contains the books I bought in 2020 but I have added a few more from my TBR pile. This is not yet final and I still have to buy (ehem) LOTR and some books by Filipino authors. And as I have mentioned multiple times, I am a mood reader so let's see how things will turn out.
-o-

I think that's all for my 2021 reading/bookish goals. Who knows if I will be able to achieve them? But regardless, I am excited to start anew!
 
2021 will be somewhat an interesting year because the uncertainty has been doubled or tripled. But we will see. Let's take life one day at a time. Read one page at a time!

Happy reading!