Series I'm Hoping to Finish in 2021

Hi folks! How's your reading life so far? Mine's quite slow but at least I am reading something. I am quite torn to be honest- I want to read as much as I can but I also do not want to put any pressure in my reading life. Hmmmm. I guess I shall see how things will go. 😁

Anyway, in my previous post I shared those series I want to start reading in 2021. Well for this post, as the title says, I will be sharing the series I am hoping to finish in 2021. Some of them I have to do rereads but I guess that's fine. 😁
Without further ado, here are the series I am hoping to finish this year:
An Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir- I still do not have the last book but I'm hoping to buy it this year so I can finish the series! There were a lot of revelations in the third book so I am excited to know what will happen and how the plot will be tied up in the end.

ABOUT THE BOOK: An Ember in the Ashes: Laia is a slave. Elias is a soldier. Neither is free.

Under the Martial Empire, defiance is met with death. Those who do not vow their blood and bodies to the Emperor risk the execution of their loved ones and the destruction of all they hold dear.

It is in this brutal world, inspired by ancient Rome, that Laia lives with her grandparents and older brother. The family ekes out an existence in the Empire’s impoverished backstreets. They do not challenge the Empire. They’ve seen what happens to those who do.

But when Laia’s brother is arrested for treason, Laia is forced to make a decision. In exchange for help from rebels who promise to rescue her brother, she will risk her life to spy for them from within the Empire’s greatest military academy.

There, Laia meets Elias, the school’s finest soldier—and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias wants only to be free of the tyranny he’s being trained to enforce. He and Laia will soon realize that their destinies are intertwined—and that their choices will change the fate of the Empire itself. (Goodreads)
Front Lines trilogy by Michael Grant- I recently bought the third book so I am super ready to finish this trilogy. I will probably re-read Front Lines and then continue with the next books.

ABOUT THE BOOK: Front Lines: 1942. World War II. The most terrible war in human history. Millions are dead; millions more are still to die. The Nazis rampage across Europe and eye far-off America.

The green, untested American army is going up against the greatest fighting force ever assembled—the armed forces of Nazi Germany.

But something has changed. A court decision makes females subject to the draft and eligible for service. So in this World War II, women and girls fight, too.

As the fate of the world hangs in the balance, three girls sign up to fight. Rio Richlin, Frangie Marr, and Rainy Schulterman are average girls, girls with dreams and aspirations, at the start of their lives, at the start of their loves. Each has her own reasons for volunteering. Not one expects to see actual combat. Not one expects to be on the front lines.

Rio, Frangie, and Rainy will play their parts in the war to defeat evil and save the human race. They will fear and they will rage; they will suffer and they will inflict suffering; they will hate and they will love. They will fight the greatest war the world has ever known. (Goodreads)
Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard- I meant to finish this series last year but re-reading the third book put me in a reading slump. 😂 I guess, I am not that invested anymore to Mare's story? But still I want to finish this series and see how things will end.

ABOUT THE BOOK: Red Queen: This is a world divided by blood - red or silver.

The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change.

That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.

Fearful of Mare's potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime.

But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance - Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart... (Goodreads)
The Reckoners trilogy by Brandon Sanderson- I bought the last book in 2019, I think, but I haven't finished the trilogy yet. Brandon Sanderson is one of my auto-buy authors so I don't know why I haven't picked it up again. But I am making it a priority this year. I am actually re-reading Steelheart this month!

ABOUT THE BOOK: Steelheart: Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics. But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his will.

Nobody fights the Epics... nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart — the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning — and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.

He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge. (Goodreads)
The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin- I also recently bought the third book so I am going to re-read the first and second books, and hopefully get to the third. The books are quite chunky though.

ABOUT THE BOOK: The Passage: First, the unthinkable: a security breach at a secret U.S. government facility unleashes the monstrous product of a chilling military experiment. Then, the unspeakable: a night of chaos and carnage gives way to sunrise on a nation, and ultimately a world, forever altered. All that remains for the stunned survivors is the long fight ahead and a future ruled by fear—of darkness, of death, of a fate far worse.

As civilization swiftly crumbles into a primal landscape of predators and prey, two people flee in search of sanctuary. FBI agent Brad Wolgast is a good man haunted by what he's done in the line of duty. Six-year-old orphan Amy Harper Bellafonte is a refugee from the doomed scientific project that has triggered apocalypse. Wolgast is determined to protect her from the horror set loose by her captors, but for Amy, escaping the bloody fallout is only the beginning of a much longer odyssey—spanning miles and decades—toward the time an place where she must finish what should never have begun. (Goodreads)
The Witcher series by Andrzej Sapkowski- I read The Last Wish last year and I just finished Blood of Elves in January. I already own the complete series so I am hoping to read them all this year.

ABOUT THE BOOK: Blood of Elves: For over a century, humans, dwarves, gnomes, and elves have lived together in relative peace. But times have changed, the uneasy peace is over, and now the races are fighting once again. The only good elf, it seems, is a dead elf.

Geralt of Rivia, the cunning assassin known as The Witcher, has been waiting for the birth of a prophesied child. This child has the power to change the world - for good, or for evil.

As the threat of war hangs over the land and the child is hunted for her extraordinary powers, it will become Geralt's responsibility to protect them all - and the Witcher never accepts defeat. (Goodreads)

I am also looking into continuing the Wheel of Time series and the Stormlight Archive series, but since they are quite chunky, I'll probably read 2-3 books from the Wheel of Time series and 1-2 books from the Stormlight Archive. I still have a few series I am currently in the middle of, but I don't want to commit myself further. We shall see. We shall see. 😁

-o-

I think that's it! How about you folks? Any series you plan to finish in 2021?