What Happened: August 2018

Hi folks! How are you? September marks the start of Christmas season here in the Philippines! Haha! Finally, holiday season!

Aaand September is Manila International Book Fair month! More books for me! 😁

I am glad August is finally over. If I'll have one word to describe August, it'd be toxic. Physical and mental exhaustion took over from the last two weeks of July until August, because of work. The results were missed period (sorry, TMI), bad break-outs, and less time for self-care, reading, blog and travel. Aaaaah! 😷

But thankfully, it's over now, and we got multiple wins at work. Of course, there'll be new challenges in the coming months, but I'll face them when the time comes. Haha!

Last month, I only finished one book- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I brought it with me during my staycation last July 29, then finished it in August. I really liked that book! Refreshing and moving. I'll review it soon!


I also started reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas some time in August, but only finished it today, September 2! I'm still torn between Chaol and Rowan. 😕


For blog post, I only posted one book review- The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking Trilogy #2) by Patrick Ness. I still have a few lined up, but I haven't got the time to write them.

Reading-wise, that'd be all. Haha! In my travel life, I only went for a staycation with my cousin last July 29-30 at Balconahe, Baras, Rizal. Will post a photo diary soon! 😁

Speaking of travel life, I am thinking of transferring all my travel photo diaries here in this blog. That way, I will only manage one blog. What do you guys think? 😊

As I've mentioned, September is Manila International Book Fair month, so that's one exciting thing to look forward to this month. I haven't prepared my list of to-buy books yet, but I'll get to it soon.

I also do not know what to read this month. I'm planning to reread Red Queen and King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard, and then continue with the series. I don't know. We'll see. 😊

-o-

Alright folks! What are your plans for September?

'Til next time!

Happy reading!