To Be Read Bookshelf Tour 2020: Photo Diary

This post is long overdue. I have been meaning to do a bookshelf tour since January, but work and life got busy. And most importantly, I was not in the mood to do it. The first quarter of 2020 was so busy I didn't even finish a book!

My initial plan was to create a video to show you folks each book in my TBR shelves and do a voice over. However, while I have more time currently than before, I couldn't do it in this hot and humid PH weather. My office nook is sweltering, so this would suffice for now. I promise to do a video soon (perhaps once rainy season starts).

Okay, let's take a look at my shelves.


I have five shelves of unread books. They are not very organized, and I gave up on a system a long time ago. But at least they are not cluttered (for now). Whenever I have new books I just stack them on the shelves, and soon I know things will be more chaotic.

Note that these are my unread books as of February 2020. My Big Bad Wolf books are already here. I haven't bought books since then, which is surprising and kind of rewarding for me. Haha! (I am trying my best to ignore the ones in my online shopping cart.)


The first shelf mostly contains YA, except for The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson and Agatha Christie's books. The system stops there. Haha! From the second shelf to the last one, I just put whatever fits.

I will have to do another bookshelf reorganization and cleaning but like I mentioned, I cannot do it in this hot and humid weather. I will soon, though. Soon.



I actually have another pile in the back of this last stack (in the last shelf), mostly nonfiction. Obviously, I am running out of shelf space. I hope to buy another one soon because surely I still have more books to buy! I am actually eyeing a TBR cart, but since we are still in quarantine I don't know when I will be able to buy one.

There's also a list of my TBR books in my reading journal. My post can be found here. There are 115 books listed plus the books I bought in January and February, so I have 135 unread books as of February 2020. One of my 2020 reading goals is to tackle my physical TBR, so hopefully I will finish a good percentage of it. I am not pressuring myself, but perhaps this little challenge will slightly push me to read my TBR books.

I hope you had a good time looking at my shelves. I know they are not well organized, but I tried. I tried. I will really reorganize it soon. Haha!

-o-

That's all folks! How many are your TBRs? And what are you currently reading?


Happy reading!