Series I'm Hoping to Start in 2021

Reading book series is one of my favorites. It is so easy to get lost in them- the characters, their world, the plot- especially if the world is huge with so many things to explore. It is an engrossing, enjoyable experience to spend more time with the characters and be part of their adventures. This is why I am always on the hunt for a good series. And thankfully there are plenty out already and I’m sure, more to come in the future!

My list is definitely long, who knows when I will read them all. But let me share some I am hoping to start this 2021.

Well, I know that I am in the middle of a lot of series. I have been starting quite a lot in the past years. And last year, I think I only finished two- The Illuminae Files and Gone series. But you know, new year, new series! I keep on seeing good books/series on BookTube so I really want to read them soon.

In 2020, I bought a few series starter (first book in a series) so this year I am hoping to get to them among other books I have yet to buy. And as I have mentioned in my Reading Goals post, I also want to read The Lord of the Rings before diving further into the fantasy genre. But anyway, here are the series I am hoping to start reading this year. In no particular order...

The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien- I know I said in no particular order, but this one is a must for me this year! I hope to buy a copy soon!

GENRE: Fantasy, classics
Hercule Poirot series by Agatha Christie- I still need to research which book I should start with, but I am excited to be finally reading Agatha Christie!

GENRE: Mystery, crime
The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer- I already have up to book 5, so I am positive I can read these.

GENRE: Historical fiction
Arc of a Scythe Trilogy by Neal Schusterman- I've been hearing good reviews about this trilogy so I bought it last year. The premise sounds good too. I hope I will enjoy it.

GENRE: Young adult fantasy, science fiction
Skyward by Brandon Sanderson- I want to read more of Brandon Sanderson's books so I want to try his YA books. Again, hopefully I will like them.

GENRE: Young adult science fiction

And aside from the ones listed above, here are the others that are not my priority but still I want to check them out:
  • Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
  • Lightbringer Series by Brent Weeks
  • Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb
  • Dune Series by Frank Herbert
and to be honest, many more! I really want to read more! 😁

-o-

That's all folks! I will be starting some of them this February, so yey! The first quarter of 2021 is a busy time for me at work, but my goal is to read more this year so I will make time for them.

How about you? Any series you'll be starting this 2021? Please recommend me more books! 😁