39th Manila International Book Fair and Book Binge Bazaar 2018: Photo Diary

Hi folks! How's September so far? Mine has been quite relaxed but we'll see how it goes. 😎

Last September 12 and 14, I went to the 39th Manila International Book Fair. It is an annual event which I've been going to since 2009 or 2010. Lol I cannot remember. 😅

Every September, bookstores, publishers and different organizations gather for this book fair to cater to students, educators, parents and book lovers! And every year, they've been improving and getting bigger.

National Book Store also decided to have a Book Binge Bazaar aside from their MIBF booth! Ha! The bazaar was also in SMX where MIBF was held. So yay! 😁

Alright folks! Here is my photo diary of last week's 39th Manila International Book Fair and Book Binge Bazaar!


September 12: After work, I went straight to SMX Convention for the book fair. I wanted to get my shopping done on Friday (September 14), but you know your girl's got a little self-control. Haha! So I may or may not have bought something. 😅


I toured the whole fair in the 1st floor, butI wasn't able to visit the 2nd floor where Children's and YA books mostly were.

Aside from the National Book Store and Fully Booked booths, I also visited the booths of Philippine Christian Bookstore, OMF Literature, Anvil, Our Daily Bread Ministries and UP Press. For the others, I just quickly browsed through because I must control myself. Haha! Otherwise, I would've exceeded my budget. 😂




Dale Carnegie Omnibus! Pretty! I already have Volume 2 because I want to read How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. I am still thinking if I should get Volume 1 because I am only interested in the first title, and I already have that one. We'll see. 😁


Aaaaah from the Anvil booth. I really, really, really want to buy A Question of Heroes by Nick Joaquin, and the box set of Lualhati Bautista's books, but they weren't in my list. (And I already reached my budget when I saw them.) 😭 Soon though, soon.


I was also itching to buy from the Philippine Christian Bookstore. Haha! But I already have so many Christian books that I haven't read yet.





Another wish list but I didn't buy it yet. I first read The Little Prince in high school, but I never had a copy. Haha! Hopefully, I will get myself to buy one soon. 😁



September 14: Here's the Book Binge Bazaar photo diary. This was where I spent most of my money from. Haha! The books were so cheap, I had to buy other titles even if they weren't in my list. (But I promise I'm going to read them, in time 😂)








The books here were categorized into 5 price points: Php 75, 125, 175, 275 and 375. Or at least, that's what I noticed. 😂 The selection was quite good, though of course, limited.

Most of the books were YA. So YA book lovers would definitely enjoy the bazaar. There were also children's books, and a few adult fiction and non-fiction.



There's a sorting area and a long table at the back of the hall, so people can sort properly unwanted books. Thus, there will be no cluttered shelves, floors and tables.

Here's my cart before sorting. I think there were 15 books, but I got them down to 10. Whew it was difficult!


That's all folks!

-o-

It really was a difficult time for self-control. And I've also added so many titles to my wish list, not to mention the TBR pile! Aaaaah! But all's good. 😁

I will post my book haul soon! Stay tuned!

For my other MIBF photo diaries, you can find them here:

-o-

Happy reading!