2018 Wrap-up and 2019 Book and Blog Goals

Aaaaah yes! 2018, what a year!

It was a busy year for me, but nevertheless, I think I had a good reading year. At the beginning of 2018, I set 30 books for me to read. And I was able to read 32 books! Yey me! 😁

Here are the books I read in 2018.


Books I Read

January
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
God's Not Dead by Rice Broocks- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


February
Tree by F. Sionil Jose- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

March
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

April
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman- ⭐⭐⭐⭐


May
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

June
I Was Here by Gayle Forman- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5





July
More Than This by Patrick Ness- ⭐⭐⭐.5
Escape from Camp 14 by Blaine Harden- ⭐⭐⭐.5

August
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

September
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (re-read)
Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (re-read)
One Day by David Nicholls- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

October
The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi- ⭐⭐⭐.5

November
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh- ⭐⭐⭐.5
Partials by Dan Wells- ⭐⭐⭐
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5


December
The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh- ⭐⭐⭐.5
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis-⭐⭐⭐⭐

Total books read: 32



In 2018, I also stopped using Goodreads to track my reading stats and opted to just use my bullet journal. Below is the page!


It may not be aesthetically pleasing, but I liked how it turned out. It made me feel good to see how much I read in one year given my busy schedule.

For my blog posts, I was not able to post as much as I wanted. But it's okay because I did not really put too much pressure on myself. 😁

Blog Posts
    Total: 35 posts

    -o-

    Moving forward...

    I will again set my reading goal to 30 books. And I will track my reading progress through bullet journal. I will try to make it aesthetically pleasing folks! 😁

    For blog posts, I will try to review right away my finished books so I will not forget the plot. Let's see how that will turn out. It will take a lot of self-discipline and a lot of note-taking. I will also try to come up with bookish discussions and/or topics to write about. 😊

    Lastly, here are the books I am currently reading:


    -o-

    That's all folks!
    It was a good 2018. And I hope 2019 will be better, more fruitful and happier! Cheers!

    Happy reading everyone!