2019 Wrap-up and 2020 Reading and Blog Goals

Hi folks!

Another year has come to an end! And I know I say this almost every year, but 2019 went by very fast. It was a so-so year for me reading-wise, and not so good blog-wise. Haha! But I did manage. Also, I had a few reading highlights this year.

Without further ado, here are the books I read in 2019.


Books Read

January
The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Soundless by Richelle Mead- ⭐⭐⭐.5
King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

February
The Rosie Project by Graema Simsion- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Winter by Marissa Meyer- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

March
Frontlines by Michael Grant- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

April
My Brother, My Executioner by F. Sionil Jose- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Wonder by R.J. Palacio- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

May
Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

June
The Stand by Stephen King- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde (re-read)- ⭐⭐⭐⭐

July
Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

August
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (audio book)- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (audio book)- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

September
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin- ⭐⭐⭐.5
Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel- ⭐⭐⭐.5
Fates Divide by Veronica Roth- ⭐⭐⭐.5

October
The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

November
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (audio book)- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Plague by Michael Grant- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (audio book)- ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

December
The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis-⭐⭐⭐⭐.5

Total books read: 26



Reading Highlights
As I have mentioned, I had a few reading highlights this year, and they were the following:
  • First Stephen King read (The Stand)- I am planning to read The Shining next!
  • Read mostly big books (≥600 pages)
  • Started listening to audio books!
  • Started to log my book expenses. This is a way for me to, at least, try to lessen my book expenses next year. But no promises! Haha! My total expenses: Php 9,652.
  • Started selling some of my books on Carousell.

Blog Posts
Blog-wise, I did not post as much as I planned because I was busy with work. I only published 19 blog posts. Hopefully, 2020 will be better.


    Moving forward...
    For 2020, I will still set my reading goals to 30 books! I think that is the max I can set for myself given my schedule. I am planning to read a lot of big books this year, so we shall see.

    I am also starting a proper reading journal this year! I will have another blog post about it! 😁

    Next, my bookstagram which I always fail to update. Haha! I am planning to re-do everything this year. Perhaps pre-shoot bookish pictures. Haha! *fingers crossed*

    And last, I want this blog to have some lifestyle posts as well. I have a lot of travel and personal posts that I want to share, so I am planning to have a little corner for them here. 😊

    -o-

    That's all folks! How about you? How was your 2019? Any special plans for 2020?

    Happy 2020! And happy reading!